... Even the worst heartaches can become heartstrings to God's hope, comfort, encouragement, joy, peace and love...

Welcome! As a fan of the cartoon character Maxine, I enjoy her witty remarks. But when I
read my blogs & other writing to her, she's not very responsive- even when I'm wearing my bunny slippers like hers! She just doesn't get it!
Although she's funnier than I am, I do pray that this site will bring encouragement to your day! I'd love to hear from you! Unlike Maxine, you can leave me a message via the Comments. Shalom, Connie

......................................................................................

Sunday, September 03, 2006

"Bless You"

When someone sneezes I respond like most people, saying, "Bless you." But to really say that to someone, I find it difficult. Like who am I to think saying, "bless you" someone will be blessed. I am but a grain of sand compared to God... too puny to bestow a blessing. Yet I do write or say, "May God bless you."

Until ...

I read "How to bless others." (I put a copy into my Bible, but I don't know who wrote it.)

When praying for others B.L.E.S.S. them this way:

B ody- pray for health, healing, everyday physical needs
L abors- pray for their work/school & everyday tasks
E motional needs- pray for comfort, peace, hope, joy, & encouragement
S ocial needs- pray for healthy relationships with family, friends & associates
S piritual needs- pray for continually deepening relationship with God

Now when I say "bless you" I am asking the Lord to work in all these areas of someone's life.

On this Lord's Day I truly can say to you, my reader, "Bless you!"

Selah-

Shalom, Connie

No comments: