... Even the worst heartaches can become heartstrings to God's hope, comfort, encouragement, joy, peace and love...

Welcome! As a fan of the cartoon character Maxine, I enjoy her witty remarks. But when I
read my blogs & other writing to her, she's not very responsive- even when I'm wearing my bunny slippers like hers! She just doesn't get it!
Although she's funnier than I am, I do pray that this site will bring encouragement to your day! I'd love to hear from you! Unlike Maxine, you can leave me a message via the Comments. Shalom, Connie

......................................................................................

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Journaling

You may have noticed that I periodically use a quote or a sermon note in my writings. For years, I have kept a file of quotes from all sorts of sources- newspapers, magazines, books, sermons, plaques or signs I've seen, greeting cards, something overheard, etc. I have kept a journal- actually several- off and on over the years, where I also add quotes I like or think will be useful someday.

I have a journal just about my nursing career experiences. I have another that is a bit more like a diary, where I write down things that happen along with my responses. I sometimes will journal when I'm studying a book or topic; it keeps my notes in one place plus gives me space to write my reflections or ideas.

I highly recommend journaling as a memory keeper, a place to freely express yourself, a way to work through problems, and as a source of healing.

This week, we will talk about how journaling may add quality to your life.

Shalom, Connie


Sunday prayer focus is Sunday Services and Self.

No comments: