... Even the worst heartaches can become heartstrings to God's hope, comfort, encouragement, joy, peace and love...

Welcome! As a fan of the cartoon character Maxine, I enjoy her witty remarks. But when I
read my blogs & other writing to her, she's not very responsive- even when I'm wearing my bunny slippers like hers! She just doesn't get it!
Although she's funnier than I am, I do pray that this site will bring encouragement to your day! I'd love to hear from you! Unlike Maxine, you can leave me a message via the Comments. Shalom, Connie

......................................................................................

Friday, September 01, 2006

Selah Defined

Hilo!

You have probably noticed each of my postings end with Selah. This word is found in the Book of Psalms and in Habakkuk 3, where the verses make up a song. It is thought to be a musical term, which means it is telling the musician to do something. In the music of today we see forte- loudly, pianissimo- very softly, allentando- slowing down, crescendo- with increasing volume, rest- a pause or silence, arpeggio- a chord in which the notes are played individually in succession and very quickly, etc. Some writers today define Selah as "pause ... consider this ..."

When I place Selah at the end of my posting, I am asking you, my reader, to take a moment to reflect upon my story. How does it apply to your life? What can you learn through my experience? Or, is their someone you know that may be comforted by this writing?

I sign off with Shalom, a Jewish term for both hello and good-bye, a kind of Peace be With You.

Tomorrow is a day of celebration...

'Til then,

Shalom, Connie

No comments: