... Even the worst heartaches can become heartstrings to God's hope, comfort, encouragement, joy, peace and love...

Welcome! As a fan of the cartoon character Maxine, I enjoy her witty remarks. But when I
read my blogs & other writing to her, she's not very responsive- even when I'm wearing my bunny slippers like hers! She just doesn't get it!
Although she's funnier than I am, I do pray that this site will bring encouragement to your day! I'd love to hear from you! Unlike Maxine, you can leave me a message via the Comments. Shalom, Connie

......................................................................................

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Thoughts to Ponder & Enjoy

Minds are like parachutes. They function better when open

A pianist said, "When I miss 1 day of practice, I know it; 2 days and my friends know it; 3 days and everyone knows it."

Patience is an ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears.

Peace is not the absence of conflict, but the ability to cope with it.

Quit hanging on today's comfort. It will keep you from expecting tomorrow's challenge.

When you live for the approval of God, you need not be disturbed by the opinions of others.

Life is like an onion & you are the onion. As each layer is pulled away, you find there's more and more layers.

When God made man He used dirt not diamonds.

A friend is the one who comes in when the rest of the world goes out.

JOY without Jesus leaves "oy," Yiddish for woe.

The only exercise some folks get is jumping to conclusions.

Having someplace to go is home; having someone to love is family; having both is a blessing.


Note: sources unknown.

No comments: