... Even the worst heartaches can become heartstrings to God's hope, comfort, encouragement, joy, peace and love...

Welcome! As a fan of the cartoon character Maxine, I enjoy her witty remarks. But when I
read my blogs & other writing to her, she's not very responsive- even when I'm wearing my bunny slippers like hers! She just doesn't get it!
Although she's funnier than I am, I do pray that this site will bring encouragement to your day! I'd love to hear from you! Unlike Maxine, you can leave me a message via the Comments. Shalom, Connie

......................................................................................

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Aching Hearts

My friend stopped by to share the burdens on her heart regarding her family.

She didn't know that I was having a funky day & that her surpirse visit cheered me up. She brought me a Mary Engelbreit bookmark, "The Blessings of Friendship." I am sure that she doesn't know that I am an admirer of Mary Engelbreit.

Mary was told not to follow her dream... she'd never make a living as a children's book illustrator. "Get a degree in English so you can teach." But Mary disregarded her counselor's advice and has successfully followed her dream. It isn't the success that I admire, although that is great. It was her mother, who I truly take my hat off to. When Mary was 9 she announced that she needed a studio. Her mother "promptly emptied a linen closet for her." Without formal training, but with the encouragement of her parents, her art is everywhere: greeting cards, books, cups, and more... and, oh yes, bookmarks.

That's what Galations 6:2 is talking about when it says "Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ." (NIV) That law being to love one another. To encourage one another. The Greek word for encourage means to stand along side of. Isn't that what we all want when we're going through tough times? Not to go it alone, to have support. Sometimes the greatest thing we can say is (silence) while being present.

Selah-

Shalom, Connie

No comments: