... Even the worst heartaches can become heartstrings to God's hope, comfort, encouragement, joy, peace and love...

Welcome! As a fan of the cartoon character Maxine, I enjoy her witty remarks. But when I
read my blogs & other writing to her, she's not very responsive- even when I'm wearing my bunny slippers like hers! She just doesn't get it!
Although she's funnier than I am, I do pray that this site will bring encouragement to your day! I'd love to hear from you! Unlike Maxine, you can leave me a message via the Comments. Shalom, Connie

......................................................................................

Friday, October 13, 2006

Camp Rules- Part 5

The mice had squatter rights to the cabin. I do not even want to know how many there were. The first evening at the cabin, Len & I were having devotions while the campers got ready for bed.
"Len, there's eyes looking at us... there in the grill around the fireplace."
He got up to look & , of course, they ran away.
We settled back to our reading. This time the number of eyes increased.
"Len," I whispered, "slowly look at the fireplace; don't move."
His eyes slowly left his Bible and he stared at the fireplace then grinned. They're just babies; they won't come out."
Great comfort that was. But camp nurses never tell what frightens them!

The mice came out at night, but as far as I know never came on my bed. Once in a while I'd see a baby getting brave and heading out of the fireplace; I'd holler at it and off it would go.

Then there were the micro toads, flat turtles, hognose snakes and raccoons...

Shalom, Connie

No comments: