... Even the worst heartaches can become heartstrings to God's hope, comfort, encouragement, joy, peace and love...

Welcome! As a fan of the cartoon character Maxine, I enjoy her witty remarks. But when I
read my blogs & other writing to her, she's not very responsive- even when I'm wearing my bunny slippers like hers! She just doesn't get it!
Although she's funnier than I am, I do pray that this site will bring encouragement to your day! I'd love to hear from you! Unlike Maxine, you can leave me a message via the Comments. Shalom, Connie

......................................................................................

Friday, October 20, 2006

Favorite Authors and Books

Here are just a few of my favorite authors:

Oregon authors-
Jane Kirkpatrick, esp. the Tender Ties Series
Kim Meeder, 2 books about hurt horses & hurting kids
Mark Stanleigh Morris, Billy Goat Hill (sequel due 2/07)

Fiction-
Dee Henderson's O'Malley Series
Al Lacy's Angel of Mercy Series
Brian Jacques' Redwall Series

Non-Fiction-
Kay Arthur
Michael Card
Ken Gire
Liz Curtis Higgs
Max Lucado
Philip Yancey

Children -
Liz Curtis Higgs' Parable Series
Max Lucado
C. S. Lewis' Narnia Series

Christmas-
Richard Paul Evans' The Christmas Box
The Christmas Box Miracle
Ken Gire's Intimate Moments With the Savior*
Alice Gray's Christmas Stories For the Heart
Coleen Sell's A Cup of Comfort for Christmas
Henry Van Dyke's The Story of the Other Wiseman
Donna Vanliere's The Christmas Shoes

My favorite study for woman is When the Glass Slipper Doesn't Fit by Claire Cloninger & Karla Worley

* Every year I read the meditation: "An Intimate Moment With Mary and Joseph."

I wish you good reading!

Shalom, Connie

No comments: