... Even the worst heartaches can become heartstrings to God's hope, comfort, encouragement, joy, peace and love...

Welcome! As a fan of the cartoon character Maxine, I enjoy her witty remarks. But when I
read my blogs & other writing to her, she's not very responsive- even when I'm wearing my bunny slippers like hers! She just doesn't get it!
Although she's funnier than I am, I do pray that this site will bring encouragement to your day! I'd love to hear from you! Unlike Maxine, you can leave me a message via the Comments. Shalom, Connie

......................................................................................

Sunday, October 29, 2006

My Sister

Butterfly 4
My baby sister came because I wished upon a star for her. (Well, that's what I thought when I was 10 years old.) She now is a wife, a mother, a grandmother, and in May finished being a student graduating with a Masters of Divinity degree.

Today, she is Reverend Judy and celebrated her calling through ordination.

I'd like to think that my childhood wish, made upon the first star that night so long ago, was granted as an answer to prayer because God knew this day would come. There have been many struggles along her path, in preparation for this new part of her journey, and the symbol of a butterfly has fittingly been her coat of arms. Pray with me that the stretching of her new wings will touch many hearts and souls.

The following is a verse of a hymn that began the Service of Ordination; it is a beautiful reminder for all of us:

Here we gather, God to worship,
thankful for our unity,
sisters, brothers now affirming
one called out for ministry.
She will be a servant leader,
set apart yet not above.
We are called with her as servants
and with her, to spread God's love.


Little sister, I am proud of you. I ask the Lord for special blessings as you spread your wings of love and fly!

Butterfly Glitter


Selah-

Shalom, Connie

No comments: