... Even the worst heartaches can become heartstrings to God's hope, comfort, encouragement, joy, peace and love...

Welcome! As a fan of the cartoon character Maxine, I enjoy her witty remarks. But when I
read my blogs & other writing to her, she's not very responsive- even when I'm wearing my bunny slippers like hers! She just doesn't get it!
Although she's funnier than I am, I do pray that this site will bring encouragement to your day! I'd love to hear from you! Unlike Maxine, you can leave me a message via the Comments. Shalom, Connie

......................................................................................

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Proofreading

As I proofread articles and devotionals, I have the privilege to look into the hearts of other Christian writers. Just as each person is uniquely created by God, each writer reflects that uniqueness and specific burdens or passions upon their hearts.

I am reminded that whatever we choose to do in life, it requires action. We must begin by taking that first step.

In her article "The Eye of the Storm" Candace Simar wrote, "...look beneath your feet... work on the task beneath your feet." Thanks, Candace!

As writers, we just have to write that first sentence today... not the whole novel.
As a mother, we have to do just one thing at a time- put one load of wash in, take meat of the freezer for dinner, dress one toddler, change one diaper.
As wife, we have to begin our day with one thing pleasing to our husband- coffee made like he likes it, putting the cap on the toothpaste, if that drives him bonkers ...
the list goes on. You decide whether to be overwhelmed or not; and remember no one can multi-task. You can only do one thing at a time.

What first step do you need to take today?

Selah-

Shalom, Connie

No comments: