... Even the worst heartaches can become heartstrings to God's hope, comfort, encouragement, joy, peace and love...

Welcome! As a fan of the cartoon character Maxine, I enjoy her witty remarks. But when I
read my blogs & other writing to her, she's not very responsive- even when I'm wearing my bunny slippers like hers! She just doesn't get it!
Although she's funnier than I am, I do pray that this site will bring encouragement to your day! I'd love to hear from you! Unlike Maxine, you can leave me a message via the Comments. Shalom, Connie

......................................................................................

Monday, October 23, 2006

Trust

Is it easy for you to trust? Or is it a daily struggle?

I have some needs that are not being met & I am trying to trust God to provide.
My brain, my knowledge, tells me God will and He does provide as He promises. I even know that He said we must ask- even though He knows prior to our asking.

My fickle emotions cause me to worry, doubt, and distrust. It's not God's ability that I don't trust- He can do anything and everything. It is my unworthiness that is my roadblock or, maybe, it's a pothole in my life.

People have failed me. As a nurse, I am a fixer. As a young widow, I had to become very independent in order to survive & provide for my son. Now I need help, and it is so hard to ask and to trust.

This lack of trust is affecting my writing, which God has called me to do. I need to practice my beliefs regardless of my feelings. I gotta let go and let God, as they used to say. You know what? It's like getting into the car with God & saying, "I'll drive" when you don't even know where you going. And when we make the wrong decisions, God let's what will be will be. That's how we learn the consequences of our poor choices.

I want to stay out of the potholes so I am going to let Him drive...
until I can't stand it & takeover. But, just maybe, tomorrow I'll last a bit longer, And the next day even longer, and so on until it becomes engrained in me to trust my Creator and Heavenly Father.

Selah-

Shalom, Connie

No comments: