... Even the worst heartaches can become heartstrings to God's hope, comfort, encouragement, joy, peace and love...

Welcome! As a fan of the cartoon character Maxine, I enjoy her witty remarks. But when I
read my blogs & other writing to her, she's not very responsive- even when I'm wearing my bunny slippers like hers! She just doesn't get it!
Although she's funnier than I am, I do pray that this site will bring encouragement to your day! I'd love to hear from you! Unlike Maxine, you can leave me a message via the Comments. Shalom, Connie

......................................................................................

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Christmas Goodies

Today I will be baking my grandmother’s Pecan Fingers and I have a recipe for a wonderful English Toffee Dessert, which is good if you have many guests or family to serve. Enjoy

Pecan Fingers

Cream together: 1 cup of butter ( do not substitute with margarine)
3/4 cup of powdered sugar.
Add: 2 cups pecans, coarsely chopped
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp. ICE water ( I always use filtered or spring water)
1/8 tsp. salt
Roll with palms of your hands into finger-lengths.
Bake @ 325E F. For 20-30 min. until golden brown- watch carefully.
Roll in powdered sugar while warm.
Cool completely. Store in covered container, if they last that long.

English Toffee Dessert

Crumb mixture- Combine: 4 1/2 cups Graham cracker crumbs
1 3/4 cups chopped nuts
1 ½ cups butter, melted
Filling mixture- Combine: 1 cup + 2 tbsp. soft butter
4 ½ cups powdered sugar
1 cup powdered/dry milk
8 egg yolks
8 egg whites, stiffly beaten
1 ½ tsp pure vanilla extract

Place ½ of crumb mixture into 9 x 13 baking pan, then filling followed by remainder of crumb mixture. Refrigerate and chill for several hours or overnight.


Quick & Easy Fruited Chicken/Turkey or Ham

1-2 lb. pre-cooked ham, chicken or turkey, sliced (Good use for leftovers)
Marinate in Spicy Cranberry Salad Dressing overnight or for several hours.
Combine: 1 can no-added sugar cherry-pie-filling
1 20 oz.can each crushed pineapple
1 15 oz.can mandarin oranges, drained
1 15 oz. can peaches, plain or spiced, drained & cut into small chunks
Pour over meat with marinate, garnish with thinly sliced almonds, pecans or walnuts. Serve cold.
Good with stuffing muffins (your favorite stuffing mixture baked in a muffin pan) & green salad.

No comments: