... Even the worst heartaches can become heartstrings to God's hope, comfort, encouragement, joy, peace and love...

Welcome! As a fan of the cartoon character Maxine, I enjoy her witty remarks. But when I
read my blogs & other writing to her, she's not very responsive- even when I'm wearing my bunny slippers like hers! She just doesn't get it!
Although she's funnier than I am, I do pray that this site will bring encouragement to your day! I'd love to hear from you! Unlike Maxine, you can leave me a message via the Comments. Shalom, Connie

......................................................................................

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Missing for a Day

I went missing for a day- not really 'cause I knew where I was!
Unexpectantly I stayed an extra day with my grandchildren & their Mommy. We baked my grandmother's Christmas cookie recipe, decorated plastic snowflakes with colored glitter, read stories, sang & danced The Reindeer (Hokey) Pokey, played hide-and-seek, and had a tickle match. I left happy and exhausted.
Yesterday I slept 'til almost noon. Aahh...
Today I am catching up with my e-mail messages, including special ones from my writing instructor and publisher.
Tomorrow I return to my daily plan for writing, but before I settle into that routine I want to have one more dish of peppermint ice cream, finish putting the fringe on my daughter-in-law's scarf, and finish my Christmas mystery book.

I am thankful for all the Christmas cards and notes that I have recieved-each day I will read one and pray for the sender.

Shalom, Connie



No comments: