... Even the worst heartaches can become heartstrings to God's hope, comfort, encouragement, joy, peace and love...

Welcome! As a fan of the cartoon character Maxine, I enjoy her witty remarks. But when I
read my blogs & other writing to her, she's not very responsive- even when I'm wearing my bunny slippers like hers! She just doesn't get it!
Although she's funnier than I am, I do pray that this site will bring encouragement to your day! I'd love to hear from you! Unlike Maxine, you can leave me a message via the Comments. Shalom, Connie

......................................................................................

Friday, March 30, 2007

Casts Times Three

Would you believe that I had the 3rd cast put on today? It is still purple; &, hopefully, this one will not slip causing more pain. I have been painful & restless, which also means irritable- I need an extra measure of patience.
3 weeks to go with the cast on & a pin in my thumb- no matter where you live, you'll probably hear me whoop with joy on April 19th. Most important tho' is whether this procedure gives me back the use... without pain... of my thumb.
Some verses of encouragement for me & for you, if you're painful, remind us that good can come from our suffering:
Motivates us to ask God for help- Psalm 30:10
Allows others to pray for us- 2Corinthians 1:10-11
Enables God to teach us patience- James 1:2-4
Permits God to restore us- 1 Peter 5:10
& my favorite-
Teaches us how to comfort & encourage others- 2 Corinthians 1:6

Selah-

Shalom, Connie

1 comment:

Bonnie W said...

Great verses, Connie - I think I'll put them up above my desk for when my knees hurt.
I'm still praying!
Bonnie