... Even the worst heartaches can become heartstrings to God's hope, comfort, encouragement, joy, peace and love...

Welcome! As a fan of the cartoon character Maxine, I enjoy her witty remarks. But when I
read my blogs & other writing to her, she's not very responsive- even when I'm wearing my bunny slippers like hers! She just doesn't get it!
Although she's funnier than I am, I do pray that this site will bring encouragement to your day! I'd love to hear from you! Unlike Maxine, you can leave me a message via the Comments. Shalom, Connie

......................................................................................

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Linger... Hang in There... Wait

One of the hardest things for Americans to do is wait. We have been called the Microwave children of the Crockpot God. We want everything NOW! God patiently waits. He, thankfully, takes things slowly but surely.

In the Garden of Gethsemane Jesus asked His disciples to wait and pray with Him- they slept; Judas collected his pieces of silver.
Jesus waited after being beaten, bruised and abused for His death sentence- the decision had been made long before, but Jesus waited while Pilate, Herod and the Sanhedrin "decided" His fate.
The soldiers and a few of His followers waited for Him to die.
His followers hid and waited in fear of retaliation.

No one understood that in waiting they would be present for the miracle that Sunday would bring.

Selah-

Shalom, Connie

No comments: