... Even the worst heartaches can become heartstrings to God's hope, comfort, encouragement, joy, peace and love...

Welcome! As a fan of the cartoon character Maxine, I enjoy her witty remarks. But when I
read my blogs & other writing to her, she's not very responsive- even when I'm wearing my bunny slippers like hers! She just doesn't get it!
Although she's funnier than I am, I do pray that this site will bring encouragement to your day! I'd love to hear from you! Unlike Maxine, you can leave me a message via the Comments. Shalom, Connie

......................................................................................

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Nonessentials of Life? Part 1

As I was sorting papers in piles: to keep, to think about, to shred, I found this. (Someone e-mailed it to me 5 years ago; author unknown.) I am going to share the "minutes" of convention a section at a time so we can mull it over and check our status.

World Wide Convention: Opening Message

Satan addressed the world meeting of demons with the tenacity of a used car salesman saying, “We can’t keep Christians from going to church. We can’t keep them from reading their Bibles and knowing the truth. We can’t even keep them from forming an intimate relationship with their savior.

“Once they gain that connection with Jesus, our power over them is broken. So let them go to their churches; let them have their covered dish dinners, but steal their time, so they don’t have time to develop a relationship with Jesus Christ.

“This is what I want you to do. Distract them from gaining hold of their savior and maintaining that vital connection throughout their day.”

“How?” his demons shouted.

“Keep them busy in the nonessentials of life and invent innumerable schemes to occupy their minds,” he answered.

“Tempt them from spending time with their children. As their families fragment, soon their homes will offer no escape from the pressure of work.

“Overstimulate their minds so that they cannot hear that still, small voice. Entice them to play the radio or CD/cassette player whenever they drive; and to keep the TV, VCR and PCs going constantly in their home and see to it that every store and restaurant in the world plays non-Biblical music constantly. This will jam their minds and break that union with Christ.

“Fill the coffees tables with magazines and newspapers. Pound their minds with the news 24 hours a day. Invade their driving moments with billboards. Flood their mailboxes with junk mail, mail order catalogs, sweepstakes, and every kind of newsletter and promotional offering free products, services, and false hopes.

Selah-

Part 2 tomorrow.

Shalom, Connie

No comments: