... Even the worst heartaches can become heartstrings to God's hope, comfort, encouragement, joy, peace and love...

Welcome! As a fan of the cartoon character Maxine, I enjoy her witty remarks. But when I
read my blogs & other writing to her, she's not very responsive- even when I'm wearing my bunny slippers like hers! She just doesn't get it!
Although she's funnier than I am, I do pray that this site will bring encouragement to your day! I'd love to hear from you! Unlike Maxine, you can leave me a message via the Comments. Shalom, Connie

......................................................................................

Monday, April 30, 2007

Nonessentials of Life- Part 3

As the demons cheered, the evil one continued:

“Even in their recreation, let them be excessive. Have them return from their recreation exhausted. Keep them too busy to go out in nature and reflect on God’s creation. Send them to amusement parks, sporting events, plays, concerts and movies instead.

“Keep them busy, busy, busy. And when they meet for spiritual fellowship, involve them in gossip and small talk so that they leave with troubled consciences. Crowd their lives with so many good causes they have no time to seek power from Jesus.

“Soon they will be working in their own strength, sacrificing their health and family for the ‘good’ of the cause.”

“It will work It will work It will work, ” the demons shouted!

It was quite a plan and the demons went eagerly to their assignments causing Christians everywhere to get more busy and more rushed... Going here and there... Having little time for their God or their families... Having no time to tell others about the power of Jesus to change lives.

***

The real question is: has the devil been successful at his scheme?

Does busy really mean:

B eing
U nder
S atan’s
Y oke?

* * *

If you’re not too busy, or even if you are too busy, Selah- think on these things.

RUBUSY? (aRe yoU Being Under Satan's Yoke?)

My thanks to the unknown writer for this message... for making me rethink my priorities. It is my hope and prayer that you, too, will look at your life's patterns- do you need to make some changes? I did!

When I meet Jesus face to face, I want no regrets. I want Him to tell me, "Well done." And I want to turn around and see YOU there, too.

Shalom, Connie

No comments: