... Even the worst heartaches can become heartstrings to God's hope, comfort, encouragement, joy, peace and love...

Welcome! As a fan of the cartoon character Maxine, I enjoy her witty remarks. But when I
read my blogs & other writing to her, she's not very responsive- even when I'm wearing my bunny slippers like hers! She just doesn't get it!
Although she's funnier than I am, I do pray that this site will bring encouragement to your day! I'd love to hear from you! Unlike Maxine, you can leave me a message via the Comments. Shalom, Connie

......................................................................................

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Expectations


C.S. Lewis once said: When God moved in I thought He'd make everything cozy, instead He tore my house apart saying, "You thought I'd give you a cozy cottage; I'm making you into a palace!"
To enjoy the palace, we must withstand the mess first. For each of us "the mess" will be different, but together we suffer and will be blessed.


Are you in a mess today? I am! I am surrounded by piles of paper to sort and file, but I have hope that together we will persevere. Not because we are promised blessings, but because we desire to be what God planned for us to be.

While I had the cast on my right hand, I had to painstakingly write with with my left hand- it reminded me of learning cursive when I was little. I was intent upon forming each letter just perfectly and very neatly. It paid off! My handwriting is easy to read and folks- even strangers- comment on how beautifully I write. I purposed to write well. After all, I had lots to say!

Just as I perfected my handwriting skills, God wants to perfect me... and you. Even if it requires the messes of life, I am thankful that He loves us enough to be patient while we persevere and clean up each room in our house- the heart.



Selah-

Shalom, Connie

No comments: