... Even the worst heartaches can become heartstrings to God's hope, comfort, encouragement, joy, peace and love...

Welcome! As a fan of the cartoon character Maxine, I enjoy her witty remarks. But when I
read my blogs & other writing to her, she's not very responsive- even when I'm wearing my bunny slippers like hers! She just doesn't get it!
Although she's funnier than I am, I do pray that this site will bring encouragement to your day! I'd love to hear from you! Unlike Maxine, you can leave me a message via the Comments. Shalom, Connie

......................................................................................

Sunday, June 03, 2007

The Unknown

Do you, like me, find it hard to cope with the unknown or the feeling of not being in control?

That is my feeling as I write this due to some health concerns I am experiencing. The good news is that I am not dealing with depression & I am hopeful that a medication change will eliminate my symptoms.

Between my hand surgery and this I have had lots of time to read. Have actually read a new book every 1-2 days. That adds up to quite a few! I will share a few with you that I enjoyed:

Mysteries:: No Place Like Home by Mary Higgins Clark- a woman-in-danger in true Mary Higgins Clark style
Twisted by Jonathon Kellerman- a woman homicide detective investigates a nightclub murder
False Testimony by Rose Connors- a woman lawyer must uncover the truth
This Dame For Hire by Sandra Scopettone- a sassy woman PI during WWII- a fun read!
Some Danger Involved by Will Thomas- an eccentric PI in Victorian London hires a new assistant
Fiction: The Glory Cloak by Patricia O'Brien- Louisa Alcott & Clara Barton's Civil War experiences as nurses
The Secret Live of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd- about "divine female power"- just remember it is fiction
Pearls of Lutra by Brian Jacques- 9th book in the Redwall series- all about animals, food, good & evil
The Celibate Priest & His Secretary by John Maybury- a local author's first novel was a good read
Daughter of Lot by Bonnie Winters- a fictional account of Ruth from Scripture & her inner struggles
Non-Fiction: Small Sacrifices by Ann Rule- the story of murderer Diane Downs, a compelling but sad book
Loving God by Charles Colson- an excellent book about holiness- living to honor & love God

Reading is a great distraction so I think I'll pick out my next book for this my "unknown" period.

Shalom, Connie

No comments: