... Even the worst heartaches can become heartstrings to God's hope, comfort, encouragement, joy, peace and love...

Welcome! As a fan of the cartoon character Maxine, I enjoy her witty remarks. But when I
read my blogs & other writing to her, she's not very responsive- even when I'm wearing my bunny slippers like hers! She just doesn't get it!
Although she's funnier than I am, I do pray that this site will bring encouragement to your day! I'd love to hear from you! Unlike Maxine, you can leave me a message via the Comments. Shalom, Connie

......................................................................................

Monday, August 27, 2007

The Garden Photo

Gotta set up a photo shoot.Where? How should I pose? Do I want it to tell more than just my face?
Those were the thoughts I had. Then an idea popped in, "Go to the hospital!"
Don't laugh, we have a lovely hospital. Healing permeates its decor from the moment you walk in. As you enter through the revolving door, you stand among trees and plants. Then you see a wall with water slowly flowing down several panels; to the right is a fireplace with overstuffed chairs that welcome you to rest awhile.
In fact, all of the waiting areas are restful, filled with greenery and soft music; and almost all of the patient rooms have mountain views.
On the second floor is a small, lovely chapel with a nearby outdoor garden. That's where I am in the photo- seated on rocks near a small waterfall with the statue of a reader. What a better place for a Christian author!
So ignore the warm breeze that's blowing my hair... listen to the babbling sound of the water as it slowly falls across the rocks into the pond... consider The Reader. Maybe, she's you sitting on the rock ledge! Maybe, she's reading my story!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so pretty. But somehow I already knew that.