... Even the worst heartaches can become heartstrings to God's hope, comfort, encouragement, joy, peace and love...

Welcome! As a fan of the cartoon character Maxine, I enjoy her witty remarks. But when I
read my blogs & other writing to her, she's not very responsive- even when I'm wearing my bunny slippers like hers! She just doesn't get it!
Although she's funnier than I am, I do pray that this site will bring encouragement to your day! I'd love to hear from you! Unlike Maxine, you can leave me a message via the Comments. Shalom, Connie

......................................................................................

Sunday, August 12, 2007


"I'll be praying for you" is the greatest gift anyone can give IF they are sincere. I have mentioned previously that I never say those words unless I mean them because I feel that they carry a huge responsibility. After all, Revelations 5:8 tells us that the prayers of the saints are kept in golden bowls as a sweet fragrance to God.
That said, I am asking for some prayer warriors- folks serious about praying.

New opportunities have come my way and, with each one comes the possibility for opposition. Lucifer will use any barrier he can to keep me from fulfilling God's plan.

Over the years I have learned several things about the evil angel, who was cast from heaven & God's presence. He is real. He is angry at God & constantly challenging Him- even though he knows he cannot win. He isn't very smart, but he is sneaky. He uses our weaknesses to create stumbling blocks, potholes, & rough roads so we will detour from the path to God. The more God asks of us, the more Lucifer will try to distract us- the aim is to keep our focus off of God. Most important is that he hates the name of Jesus & the sweet fragrance of prayer is offensive to him.

Selah-

As I strive to please God through my writing, I need the protection of prayers. I will be publishing & editing a new on-line magazine, writing a monthly column for Positively Feminine (www.Positively Feminine.org.) and a bi-monthly column for The Encourager. I have also been given the opportunity to be the Assistant Editor for The Encourager; my main responsibility will be their prayer ministry. In addition to these new tasks, I continue to lead a Bible Study for writers & a support group for those who are chronically ill or have chronic pain.

Join in ministry with me through daily, supportive prayer. Leave a comment & let me know a bit about yourself so I can pray for you.

Shalom, Connie

No comments: