... Even the worst heartaches can become heartstrings to God's hope, comfort, encouragement, joy, peace and love...

Welcome! As a fan of the cartoon character Maxine, I enjoy her witty remarks. But when I
read my blogs & other writing to her, she's not very responsive- even when I'm wearing my bunny slippers like hers! She just doesn't get it!
Although she's funnier than I am, I do pray that this site will bring encouragement to your day! I'd love to hear from you! Unlike Maxine, you can leave me a message via the Comments. Shalom, Connie

......................................................................................

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Muse Online Writers Conference


This was a unique experience. Nearly 1900 attendees from around the world came together, via computers, to a 7 day writer's conference. I attended 20 one hour live sessions & at least that many workshops. I have copied 2 notebooks full of handouts. Topics ranged from simple writing tips: "write everyday" to complex information on publishing and promotion. As I finish the last day of the conference, I want to tell you, my reader, that I will be putting to use many of the things I've learned about writing skills, websites, promotion, etc. because it it my heart's desire to encourage you wherever in life this finds you. As a Christian writer, I feel that it is my responsibility to do my very best, which includes continuing to stimulate these gray cells of mine with new, and appropriate knowledge.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Connie, you have encouraged me in my writing, and also to attend this conference next year!

Off topic, but, I loved your column in Positively Feminine this month.

Blessings,
Cindy Prescher

Anonymous said...

Dear Connie, Such blessings here at your webhome. I really enjoyed
getting to know you better.

I ask the Lord to richly bless you and your ministries, sweet angelsister.

Love and blessings,

Maryxo

P. S. What an opportunity to spend time at the Muse Online
Writers Conference. I will look
forward to your sharing many new
adventures with us:-)