... Even the worst heartaches can become heartstrings to God's hope, comfort, encouragement, joy, peace and love...

Welcome! As a fan of the cartoon character Maxine, I enjoy her witty remarks. But when I
read my blogs & other writing to her, she's not very responsive- even when I'm wearing my bunny slippers like hers! She just doesn't get it!
Although she's funnier than I am, I do pray that this site will bring encouragement to your day! I'd love to hear from you! Unlike Maxine, you can leave me a message via the Comments. Shalom, Connie

......................................................................................

Friday, November 02, 2007

Teacher vs Learner/Writer vs Reader

Who is who? That's my question.

Wednesday I was writing my monthly column. As I write, I image that I'm sitting with a cup of tea and just chatting with a friend. Our conversation runs through my mind and out my fingers onto the keyboard. When I finish writing, I read through it to be sure it flows, to be sure I wrote everything I was thinking. I've been known to leave a sentence or paragraph out because I thought it, but my fingers never caught up.
I edit and rewrite any oops-es; then proofread for punctuation and grammatical errors, and those nasty spelling errors the computer doesn't pick up.

As I was reading through my column, I began to feel an emotion that I couldn't define at first. I glanced up and realized my "reader" was me. The message was for me ~ it was a reflection of music in my life. (You can read it at http://www.positivelyfeminine.org under Beautifully Feminine. My column is called "Connie's Coda.")

The emotion? The overwhelming joy of learning, writing, teaching, and reading all at the same time! I wept knowing how blessed I was.. and am... and continue to be.

Selah-

Shalom, Connie

No comments: