... Even the worst heartaches can become heartstrings to God's hope, comfort, encouragement, joy, peace and love...

Welcome! As a fan of the cartoon character Maxine, I enjoy her witty remarks. But when I
read my blogs & other writing to her, she's not very responsive- even when I'm wearing my bunny slippers like hers! She just doesn't get it!
Although she's funnier than I am, I do pray that this site will bring encouragement to your day! I'd love to hear from you! Unlike Maxine, you can leave me a message via the Comments. Shalom, Connie

......................................................................................

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Tests, Tests, & More Tests

Guess you can call me a bit testy today; and I am sure that some of you can relate to having many tests without a resulting diagnosis. Today I had a chest scan, but won't probably hear about the results until next week. My patience with many things is in the angelic range, but not in this area of my life. I WANT AN ANSWER!

Well, I didn't get any tests results with that outburst, but I did get 3 answers!

First, let me set the scene. I left the imaging place and headed for comfort food- well, after all, I had to be NPO prior to testing. That's a two-fold reason for comforting yummies, right? Then I headed home to the Senior Residence, where I live.

As I walked in the lobby, it was filled with ladies. That usually happens when the mail hasn't arrived so I said, "No mail?" All of them spoke at once telling me that I had received a package. You better believe, if had not opened it in their presence, there would be a lynching via the gossip-grapevine. After removing several empty plastic shopping bags, I found a Valentine surprise: a candy heart-shaped lollipop, a card, a bookmark, some cute stickers, & some delightful hand cream. Everyone oohed & aahed, but I disappointed them greatly by not telling who sent it. My testy-self walked toward my apartment giggling.

Comfort food & a caring package does that!

Then I received an e-mail card with a loving and prayerful message to encourage me.

Thank you, Lord, for showing You care about every detail of my life via my friends' surprises.. And thank You for my attitude change...

As I was praying the Lord reminded me, once again, of 2 Corinthians 1:3-4 (NIV): "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those with the comfort we ourselves have received from God."

In God.Com JamesAlexander Langteaux wrote it this way- "For I (God) am the great source of healing, salvation, and deliverance, but without compassionate outlets, what good is my source?"

Lord, I do praise You, but I have a feeling you want me to share this....

So here I am, with an early Valentine's Message from the Lover of your soul:

B e assured that your Heavenly Father
L oves you! And He is waiting to
E ncourage you and to give you hope as He
S howers down His joy upon you. Just
S end up a prayer and ask! He always answers.

Y our life has purpose- no matter your circumstances.
O nly trust Him- He sees the finished canvas of your life!
U- turns are allowed... seek His presence & you'll be blessed.

Have a Heartfelt Valentine's Day!
Connie

1 comment:

Bonnie W said...

Hi Connie,
I have those testy days too, especially since I can't fo all I used to do with my bad back right now. But the candy, e-card and yummies helped I'm sure.

Thank you for sharing your comforting thoughts today on this cold, snowy PA day!
Bonnie