It will take me a while to catch up, but I'm committed to returning to my network of friends and favorite sites after almost a year of a dead computer.
Meanwhile, here's my quick, brief update:
- Have had 2 stories published ~ "The Calming Storm" in Hope Whispers & "Maytag Memories" in Cupcakes on the Counter (both available at Amazon).
- I am writing a Bible study ~ A Forgetful People: a study in Remembering prompted by the cantor at my Messianic Hebrew tradition church saying, "God knows we are a forgetful people."
- 4Him2u & my column in Positively Feminine are 2 years old... & I thought I couldn't do it!
- Won a regional writing contest last October (2008) but my story was rejected this year. Oh well, those rejections help the head and ego from swelling too big.
- Spent 2 weeks vacationing in Hawaii during May & fell in love with Oahu.
- Began Stone Soup night here at Pilot Butte Retirement Center (PBRC). Everyone brings something to add to the pot & I make the soup. It means one evening of healthy food & not eating alone. Around 20 seniors have participated. It is a part of my friendship building ministry as is...
- being the library & computer lady here at PBRC.
- Working on needlework projects for Hanukkah/Christmas
- Participating in the Muse Online Writers Conference this week.
- Continue to write & edit "The Encourager," a snail mail newsletter for the chronically ill.