... Even the worst heartaches can become heartstrings to God's hope, comfort, encouragement, joy, peace and love...

Welcome! As a fan of the cartoon character Maxine, I enjoy her witty remarks. But when I
read my blogs & other writing to her, she's not very responsive- even when I'm wearing my bunny slippers like hers! She just doesn't get it!
Although she's funnier than I am, I do pray that this site will bring encouragement to your day! I'd love to hear from you! Unlike Maxine, you can leave me a message via the Comments. Shalom, Connie

......................................................................................

Friday, December 05, 2014



As Long as There Is Christmas

By Jack Zavada (with permission to use)

      The first few lights glow brightly, as you watch the season start.
      You know you should be happy, but don't feel it in your heart.

      Instead you think about a time when someone laughed with you,
      and the love you shared then filled your soul But too soon it was 
      through.

      So Christmas comes with sadness, and a yearning deep inside,
      a thirst for love and peace and hope that will not be denied.

      Late one night you hear a voice, so soft and without blame...
      then you realize He's calling your name.

      "I know you hurt and loneliness, the heartache that you bear,
      I listen and I cry with you through every single prayer.

      "I promised in the manger and fulfilled it on the cross.
      I built a home that's filled with love for all those who are lost.

      "So let me come and heal your heart and give you rest within.
      For my way is kind and gentle and will bring you joy again."

      His words still echo through the years, a vow that He made true,
      "As long as there's a Christmas, I will be in love with you."


No comments: