... Even the worst heartaches can become heartstrings to God's hope, comfort, encouragement, joy, peace and love...

Welcome! As a fan of the cartoon character Maxine, I enjoy her witty remarks. But when I
read my blogs & other writing to her, she's not very responsive- even when I'm wearing my bunny slippers like hers! She just doesn't get it!
Although she's funnier than I am, I do pray that this site will bring encouragement to your day! I'd love to hear from you! Unlike Maxine, you can leave me a message via the Comments. Shalom, Connie

......................................................................................

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Turning Over a New Page of Life


Dear Reader,


In spite of circumstances related to health issues, my writing has been sporadic.

However, I now have an incentive: Through Jerry Jenkins Writers Guild I have just joined a group of 5-6. We will help each other, encourage one another, hold one another accountable and do critiques. 

We're just setting up a system that will work for various time zones.

One is 37 & I think I'm the oldest... we're still getting to know one another. But the mix seems good: 2 men & 4 ladies. Mostly non-fiction writers.

The Guild also provides teaching and resources for success.

My glass is half full & I'm not giving up.

Erma Bombeck said it well: "When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would have not a single bit of talent left and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'"

No comments: