... Even the worst heartaches can become heartstrings to God's hope, comfort, encouragement, joy, peace and love...

Welcome! As a fan of the cartoon character Maxine, I enjoy her witty remarks. But when I
read my blogs & other writing to her, she's not very responsive- even when I'm wearing my bunny slippers like hers! She just doesn't get it!
Although she's funnier than I am, I do pray that this site will bring encouragement to your day! I'd love to hear from you! Unlike Maxine, you can leave me a message via the Comments. Shalom, Connie

......................................................................................

Saturday, June 25, 2016

I am amazed...



I've seen dragonflies at lakes and ponds most of my life, but until recently, when I watched a brief documentary, I knew little about them except their beautiful iridescent wings

What amazed me most was that dragonflies are expert fliers. They have four wings; each moves independently. Thus they can fly straight up and down, hover like a helicopter and even eat and mate in mid-air. They can fly up to 30 mph.

Nearly all of the dragonfly’s head is its compound eye. They have incredible vision that encompasses almost every angle except right behind them.

The eggs are laid in the water, where there plenty of "baby food." When the reach adulthood, they climb a plant stalk . Once above water, they can breathe. A small section opens, & the dragonfly emerges, dries its wings & flies.

Adult dragonflies eat insects, placing quite a control over the mosquito population. A single dragonfly can eat 30 to hundreds of mosquitoes per day. Yet they never bite humans.


The next time you see one, maybe you'll agree with Eistein and I:




No comments: