... Even the worst heartaches can become heartstrings to God's hope, comfort, encouragement, joy, peace and love...

Welcome! As a fan of the cartoon character Maxine, I enjoy her witty remarks. But when I
read my blogs & other writing to her, she's not very responsive- even when I'm wearing my bunny slippers like hers! She just doesn't get it!
Although she's funnier than I am, I do pray that this site will bring encouragement to your day! I'd love to hear from you! Unlike Maxine, you can leave me a message via the Comments. Shalom, Connie

......................................................................................

Monday, August 15, 2016

 My days for serving

               the Lord are numbered...

                              I must give Him my best.


At age 72, I am limited physically from doing what my heart desires. I had to work through the grieving process because chronic illness results in many losses. I had to restructure my life with lots of flexibility because...


 Thanks to oxygen 24/7.

Others days I can do a load of laundry, wash some dishes, or vacuum but I do things in small steps and rest in between.

I remember when my son was little and wouldn't take naps. Instead, I made him rest. 

He would lie quietly on his bed or on the sofa with a Matchbox car or a book for at least 20 minutes because Mommy needed the quiet times to reboot. I would read a book or do needlework. Sometimes we actually fell asleep. 

Now, all these years later this mommy/gramma requires quiet times most of the day.

It's easy to say I no longer can contribute anything to anyone and just have Pitiful Pearl days. (See previous posts.) However, I have a very valuable treasure:

TIME

Next post: My productive use of time.

Selah

Connie

No comments: