... Even the worst heartaches can become heartstrings to God's hope, comfort, encouragement, joy, peace and love...

Welcome! As a fan of the cartoon character Maxine, I enjoy her witty remarks. But when I
read my blogs & other writing to her, she's not very responsive- even when I'm wearing my bunny slippers like hers! She just doesn't get it!
Although she's funnier than I am, I do pray that this site will bring encouragement to your day! I'd love to hear from you! Unlike Maxine, you can leave me a message via the Comments. Shalom, Connie

......................................................................................

Tuesday, August 02, 2016

Pity Party Bashers



Life's heartaches throw us off balance emotionally. Little things become big and the truly

big things become little. Your focus is on yourself and your troubles. Resolution

will bring balance. But until then, it is as if a dark veil is covering your face so 

you cannot see reality. Self-absorption is not easily fixed by setting aside your 

problems, reading Scripture and praying or concentration on someone worse off than you.

Nor do comments like “snap out of it” work.

It is difficult to focus on anything when energy levels are low. So I decided to stick 

with “me, me, me.” The idea being to shift from a negative to a more positive  picture of 

myself; thus removing that dark veil to reveal a brighter world.

What could I do from the confines of my recliner? Write! 

And the Pity Party Bashers were born.


I used writing prompts. Full sentences, good grammar, spelling, and punctuation are not 

required. Just scribble down a response.

Write for a minimum of 3 minutes using one or more of the following prompts:

Out the window…                                          I am so glad…

I am wearing…                                              A memory that makes me smile…

I hear…                                                       My favorite…

My favorite color…                                       Music…

I am inspired by…                                        If money was no obstacle, I…

I feel…                                                        I am thankful…

My favorite poem…                                       An important truth…

I am learning…                                             A Spiritual highlight…

My favorite smell…                                       A source of joy…

I think…                                                      Over a cup of tea, let’s chat…

I am praying…                                              A book I recommend…

My favorite Scripture…                               A friend…

A movie I recommend…                                 My favorite flower…

Save you responses and add to them later as needed. 

When Pitiful Pearl has left, you are done.

Ó 2015 Constance Gilbert


No comments: