... Even the worst heartaches can become heartstrings to God's hope, comfort, encouragement, joy, peace and love...

Welcome! As a fan of the cartoon character Maxine, I enjoy her witty remarks. But when I
read my blogs & other writing to her, she's not very responsive- even when I'm wearing my bunny slippers like hers! She just doesn't get it!
Although she's funnier than I am, I do pray that this site will bring encouragement to your day! I'd love to hear from you! Unlike Maxine, you can leave me a message via the Comments. Shalom, Connie

......................................................................................

Tuesday, November 01, 2016

BOOKS, Part 7





Currently, I am reading Zebo written by my friend of 50+ years. I'll post a review later.

I just finished the eight book Bowers series by Steven James. Each title is a chess piece with the final book being Checkmate. If you like the mystery/crime genre, you'll love these.  

Also highly recommend is The Illuminator by Brenda Rickman Vantrease. In fact, I just got the audio version so I can enjoy it again while I knit. Then I'll start on Brenda's third book, The Heretic's Wife.





My To be Read books that are stacked by my recliner include those by Steven James (2), Jerry Jenkins (3 book series), Elizabeth George, Elizabeth Chadwick, James Patterson (3 book series), Diana Gabaldon (2), Donita Paul and ...


Len Bailey's Sherlock Holmes and the Needle's Eye is begging me to be next. It is unique... ten short stories fill the first 243 pages followed by Investigative Questions for each adventure. It combines my favorite genre and detective plus it is a Bible study. Can I ignore its siren call? I'll let you know.


What have books meant to your life? What ones are you reading? What are your three favorites?

Trivia Questions: Who wrote the book that became the basis for the broadway show Cats?

Selah...

Connie

No comments: