... Even the worst heartaches can become heartstrings to God's hope, comfort, encouragement, joy, peace and love...

Welcome! As a fan of the cartoon character Maxine, I enjoy her witty remarks. But when I
read my blogs & other writing to her, she's not very responsive- even when I'm wearing my bunny slippers like hers! She just doesn't get it!
Although she's funnier than I am, I do pray that this site will bring encouragement to your day! I'd love to hear from you! Unlike Maxine, you can leave me a message via the Comments. Shalom, Connie

......................................................................................

Monday, January 09, 2017

2017 in Central Oregon

 Dec. 2016

Jan. 7th, 2017


In the 12 years I've lived here in Central Oregon, we haven't had this much snow. Others tell me it's been longer than that. As I write this, the plow is clearing the parking area. It's sunny, but snowing off and on. More is expected tomorrow... possibly another 12". 

From inside my warm apartment, it's beautiful- especially at night when it sparkles like millions of diamonds.

If you look closely at yesterday's photo, you see the silhouettes of birds in the tree.

 (online photo)

More than 60 robins sat in the tree while the rest of the flock-200 or more- entertained me as they flew from tree to tree. A few hours later they were gone. 

3 pm Jan 9th from my window:





Like everyone else, I haven't been able to get out. I've missed doctor and haircut appointments and haven't been able to get groceries. Yet I'm warm and safe. Just wishing I could go out to build a snowman.

 (online photo)

A single snowflake lasts but seconds and melts away. Many snowflakes together can create fun: a variety of snowpeople, a fort for a snowball battle, good conditions for skiing, sledding or snowshoe hikes, and a place to create snow angels. A mass of snow can lead to a powerful, terrifying avalanche.

Our current snowstorm has caused hardships, injuries and fatalities. It also brings memories to mind. In my next post, I'll why I started a snowpeople collection.

Selah ~

Connie


No comments: