... Even the worst heartaches can become heartstrings to God's hope, comfort, encouragement, joy, peace and love...

Welcome! As a fan of the cartoon character Maxine, I enjoy her witty remarks. But when I
read my blogs & other writing to her, she's not very responsive- even when I'm wearing my bunny slippers like hers! She just doesn't get it!
Although she's funnier than I am, I do pray that this site will bring encouragement to your day! I'd love to hear from you! Unlike Maxine, you can leave me a message via the Comments. Shalom, Connie

......................................................................................

Monday, March 20, 2017

Sharing Other's Gifts With You: Esther, part 1


Today I am starting Darlene Schacht's online 3 week study* of the Book of Esther, the only book in the Bible that does not mention God.
And yet... there is no doubt of who's invisible hand is at work. 


God had a plan to save the Jews
From Haman’s wicked scheme: to use
Not Shimei, nor Abihail,
Nor mighty armies to assail
The Persian palace walls, but me,
A Jewish orphan girl, to free
The sons of Israel from death.
And even now it takes my breath
Away to think about the ways
Of God, and how from ancient days
He planned it all, and ruled the world,
Right down to how my hair was curled...

From John Piper's Esther Poem



  You can download the PDF of this book including the beautiful illustrations at:       
       http://document.desiringgod.org/esther-en.pdf?1439242123


*You'll find her study at:
http://us9.campaign-archive1.com/?u=1e993b474a8ddef76a86c0b33&id=5306eac6a9&e=ef1b5ea102


Selah ~ consider joining me. It's starts today and is FREE.

Connie


No comments: