... Even the worst heartaches can become heartstrings to God's hope, comfort, encouragement, joy, peace and love...

Welcome! As a fan of the cartoon character Maxine, I enjoy her witty remarks. But when I
read my blogs & other writing to her, she's not very responsive- even when I'm wearing my bunny slippers like hers! She just doesn't get it!
Although she's funnier than I am, I do pray that this site will bring encouragement to your day! I'd love to hear from you! Unlike Maxine, you can leave me a message via the Comments. Shalom, Connie

......................................................................................

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Cows, Bears and Elephants

Several of us were deciding what we wanted to be when we retired- something with no stress, of course. My boss wanted to be the car with flashing yellow lights that goes before and after a wide load on the highway.
At first, I wanted to be a cow- too dumb to worry about things and with seven stomachs they can eat all day. I changed it to a teddy bear- they are expected to be hairy and have excess body fat, nobody cares if they growl, they are worth more as they age, and everyone loves them.
Today, I want to be an elephant!
These huge and powerful creations of God ... God must have a sense of humor... are very tender-hearted and family oriented. If an elephant is sick or injured, the others draw near and caress the hurting one with their trunks. As the family moves, they walk slowly so the injured one can keep up. If it cannot walk, they use their trunks to help it back up. At the first sign of attack, the strong surround the weak and protect them. No one will mess with me, if I am an elephant! And I will be comforted, encouraged, and protected.

* * *

No, I don't need to put on tons of weight or grow a tail and a trunk- neither do you! For God has promised to be our comforter, the one who comes along side of us to encourage, comfort, and protect. Our God is mighty- much bigger than any elephant.

Today, I am going to be content being me! How about you?

Selah ...

Shalom, Connie

P.S. "The Blind Men and the Elephant" a poem by John Godfrey Saxe has a fun message.

No comments: