... Even the worst heartaches can become heartstrings to God's hope, comfort, encouragement, joy, peace and love...

Welcome! As a fan of the cartoon character Maxine, I enjoy her witty remarks. But when I
read my blogs & other writing to her, she's not very responsive- even when I'm wearing my bunny slippers like hers! She just doesn't get it!
Although she's funnier than I am, I do pray that this site will bring encouragement to your day! I'd love to hear from you! Unlike Maxine, you can leave me a message via the Comments. Shalom, Connie

......................................................................................

Monday, August 28, 2006

Replace them

My grandson was resting on the sofa while I put the lunch plates in the dishwasher. "Gramma,"
he called, "I'm having bad words words in my head and God doesn't like them."
Not quite sure what bad words meant to a four-year-old, I replied, "Replace them."
"How do you do that, Gramma?"
"Sing! Sing 'Jesus Loves Me.'"
As he sang, his frown turned upside down. "It works!" Then he began a rambucious rendition, complete with motions, of "My God Is So Big." That solved, he was his bubbly, energetic self the remainder of the afternoon.

* * *

Most of today I have been having a Pitiful Pearl Party. My problems have overwhelmed me and I can't stay focused on anything. My brain has been over-ridden by my emotions ... again ...giving me more reasons to feel sorry for myself.
Then my own words came back at me. Replace them! Sing!
Well, you know what? I was a pretty smart Gramma that day, so I better put my own advice to good use.

You'll have to pardon me, I can't type, sing, and do the motions all at the same time. So this lonely little petunia is leaving the onion patch 'cause "my God is so big, there's nothing my God can't do!"

Selah ...

Talk with you tomorrow.

Shalom, Connie

No comments: