... Even the worst heartaches can become heartstrings to God's hope, comfort, encouragement, joy, peace and love...

Welcome! As a fan of the cartoon character Maxine, I enjoy her witty remarks. But when I
read my blogs & other writing to her, she's not very responsive- even when I'm wearing my bunny slippers like hers! She just doesn't get it!
Although she's funnier than I am, I do pray that this site will bring encouragement to your day! I'd love to hear from you! Unlike Maxine, you can leave me a message via the Comments. Shalom, Connie

......................................................................................

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Sparrows & Other Wire Sitters

I was nine-years-old as I walked down the street tripping over my own feet. I was wearing my first pair of glasses and I was seeing things I had never seen before: wires on the telephone poles, birds sitting on those wires, clouds in the sky! I can see it right now as if it was yesterday. I was overwhelmed with all the things I knew about in my mind, but never really saw. Little brown sparrows were as grand to me as a peacock- I could even see their beaks move as they sang. Their tiny feet wrapped around the wire were awesome as they maintained their balance. Wow, what a marvelous part of the world came into view that day.

I have never minded wearing glasses and never cared about having contact lens until I developed a cataract. The world dimmed, but since surgery I see even better WITH my glasses and my implanted lens.

As wonderful as physical sight is, I have learned the lesson of the sparrows:

Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God... Don't
be afraid, you are worth far more than many sparrows. Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! (Luke 12:6-7, 24 NIV)


Whatever you are facing today, God is still in the caring business- He needs nothing from you except an invitation to be part of your life. So let's curl our toes around the wire of life, let's get our balance, and sing praises to God. For He created us, and loves us far more than those little brown birds.

No comments: