... Even the worst heartaches can become heartstrings to God's hope, comfort, encouragement, joy, peace and love...

Welcome! As a fan of the cartoon character Maxine, I enjoy her witty remarks. But when I
read my blogs & other writing to her, she's not very responsive- even when I'm wearing my bunny slippers like hers! She just doesn't get it!
Although she's funnier than I am, I do pray that this site will bring encouragement to your day! I'd love to hear from you! Unlike Maxine, you can leave me a message via the Comments. Shalom, Connie

......................................................................................

Saturday, September 02, 2006

50 Years!

9/2/06
Today my mind is miles away. My dear friend of 55 years is celebrating her 50th Anniversary as a Mrs. Friends and family are gathering in northern Michigan at the very church camp where I meet the Lord so many years ago.
She was my babysitter when I first moved to Michigan. She sang at my wedding. One of her daughters babysat my son; her youngest son was in my class at church and at camp for several years. She and her sister taught me to read music and play the piano; and she encouraged me to sing. When I wanted to end my life (after my husband’s death), she was there to listen.
When my son sang the lead in the fifth grade musical, she was there to say, "Well done!"
I still have a pewter cup and plate shaped like an ark that she presented to me at family camp. She smiled sweetly as she whispered, "I’m so sorry. I didn’t believe the kids could learn a musical in five days. Not only did they learn it, they sang it well, and they know more about Noah than any of us (parents). I shouldn’t have doubted." Outloud, she thanked me and lead the applause for the children.
There have been funny moments also.. When I lived next door, she came running leaving her hubby sitting on the "throne" with no paper towel, no Kleenex, no toilet paper in the house.
She can be a bit flighty & forgetful. Another such moment-"What should I do when I’ve forgotten to take my birth control pills?" she asked. Knowing her, it wasn’t just once or even twice; "Buy a crib," I answered. She did..
She is the rarest of blossoms. She may forget where her shoes are, but she’ll always be there, if you need her. She knows how to listen. She loves unconditionally.
I am blessed to have her as a friend. Across the miles I send my love and my prayer that God will shower her in such a wonderful way today that no one will doubt that the blessing came from Him.
To her man of 50 years, I ask, "When did you realize that God had blessed you with a Proverbs 31 Woman?"
For no one, I know, fits these words better:

A good woman is hard to find, and worth far more than diamonds.
Her husband trusts her without reserve, and never has reason to regret it.
Never spiteful, she treats him generously all her life long.
Her children respect and bless her, her husband joins in words of praise:
"Many women have done wonderful things, but you’ve outclassed them all!
(Proverbs 31: 10-12, 28-29, The Message)

Happy Anniversary, Alene and John!
Love always, Connie

No comments: