... Even the worst heartaches can become heartstrings to God's hope, comfort, encouragement, joy, peace and love...

Welcome! As a fan of the cartoon character Maxine, I enjoy her witty remarks. But when I
read my blogs & other writing to her, she's not very responsive- even when I'm wearing my bunny slippers like hers! She just doesn't get it!
Although she's funnier than I am, I do pray that this site will bring encouragement to your day! I'd love to hear from you! Unlike Maxine, you can leave me a message via the Comments. Shalom, Connie

......................................................................................

Thursday, September 21, 2006

A's, Raises, & Conscience

Years ago a Help Wanted sign was posted at a telegraph office. Everyone was sitting waiting for an interview. When one young man got up and entered the office, he was hired leaving the other applicants angry saying they never had a chance.

Now for the rest of the story: in the background Morse Code was dotting and dashing, "If you can understand this, come into the office and the job is yours."

Concentrate on doing your best for God, work you won't be ashamed of, laying out the truth plain and simple. (2 Timothy 2:15 The Message)

This verse is talking about studying and being diligent in presenting God's truth to others. Yet it is a good principle for other areas of our lives. That we always strive to give our best whether we are in school, in the workplace, in the church, or in our homes. God has given each of us a part in His work and no job is more important than another.

The young man knew Morse Code, followed the instructions, and probably was an excellent employee. Moms, your job may be making peanot butter and jelly sandwiches while singing "Jesus Loves Me" with your preschoolers- teaching them God's Word is a high calling. Dads, your honesty in the workplace and willingness to listen may be God's job for you. Grandmothers, helping in the church nursery so young mothers can be in church or Bible Study may be your God-given assignment. Retired construction worker, God may be asking you to build a ramp so the disabled can become more independent. For me, I am to write everyday and improve my skills so I can tell God's story.

Doing what God has planned for us and doing our best should be our goal as we go about our daily routine. Tomorrow we'll talk about knowing what He has for us to do.

Selah-

Shalom, Connie

Thursday's prayer focus is for those who are troubled and searching.

1 comment:

Katherine Mikshenas said...

Dear Connie,

Yesterday I was a little discouraged because I had applied for a job and did not get it. I felt insignificant and sorry for myself. Your entry brought me back to the moment when God called me to write. It blessed me very much. Thank you. God bless you.

Kathie M. acw member