... Even the worst heartaches can become heartstrings to God's hope, comfort, encouragement, joy, peace and love...

Welcome! As a fan of the cartoon character Maxine, I enjoy her witty remarks. But when I
read my blogs & other writing to her, she's not very responsive- even when I'm wearing my bunny slippers like hers! She just doesn't get it!
Although she's funnier than I am, I do pray that this site will bring encouragement to your day! I'd love to hear from you! Unlike Maxine, you can leave me a message via the Comments. Shalom, Connie

......................................................................................

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Hello Mudduh, Hello Fadduh

Thursdays I pray for those that are troubled and hurting.

Do you remember the song, "Hello Mudduh, Hello,Fadduh. Here I am at Camp Granada." It was a song written in 1963 about the horrors of camp with pleas to take their boy home. His friends are suffering from poison ivy, ptomaine poisoning, and malaria... that is until it stops raining- on his first day at camp- and ending the song with "... kindly disregard this letter!"

The next year a new version was recorded live on Johnny Carson's Tonight Show: "I am back at Camp Granada. And I'm writing you this letter just to say my compound fracture's getting better... To leave would be a shame. Besides, I'd miss the poker game."

Trouble is, indeed, in the eyes of the beholder, but I think we can agree that we live in a hurting world.

As I pray for the hurting I remind myself of 2 truths: God hears the prayers of the righteous (Proverbs 15:29) and our Heavenly Father is the God of all comfort ( 2 Corinthians 1:3.)

We need to live lives pleasing to God; and we need to ask for Him to give comfort ... knowing He may use us to do it.

On a CD by Glad (God of All Comfort, 2003) the lyrics put it this way: "I want to speak words of comfort and do what I can to help. I want to offer hope to this world...(So) I'll trust, and leave it in your hands, when my heart doesn't understand."

Selah-

Shalom, Connie



No comments: