... Even the worst heartaches can become heartstrings to God's hope, comfort, encouragement, joy, peace and love...

Welcome! As a fan of the cartoon character Maxine, I enjoy her witty remarks. But when I
read my blogs & other writing to her, she's not very responsive- even when I'm wearing my bunny slippers like hers! She just doesn't get it!
Although she's funnier than I am, I do pray that this site will bring encouragement to your day! I'd love to hear from you! Unlike Maxine, you can leave me a message via the Comments. Shalom, Connie

......................................................................................

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Memory Keeper

Journaling is a way to hang on to memories. As things happen in life, you truly believe you'll never forget them. There are things that trigger some memories, but after 60+ years of filing away data, my memories are harder to retrieve.

As I was going through some old photos, I found that I have forgotten names. Sometimes I was good at writing on the back the who, what, where stuff, but others are blank. So is my memory.
If I could go back, I'd have a journal to go with each photo album/scrapbook. I would write the pertinent info' and would add my feelings to read in later.

Another memory keeper is a parent/grandparent journal. These are filled with childhood memories to share with the grandchildren. I remember my father telling about walking to school through snow so high that he could reach the telephone lines. What he neglected to mention was that electric poles were shorter and the lines often hung down- that's how he could reach them.

One of my snow memories is of walking to school through deep snow. Most of the teachers did not make it in. As a 6th grader I was sent to "teach" the kindergarten. We had a great morning and school was closed at lunchtime. I was commended for keeping the the little ones busy and happy. My first taste of teaching was wonderful!

Consider what you can do to preserve your memories.

Selah-

Shalom, Connie

Wednesday prayer focus is workers and neighbors.

No comments: