... Even the worst heartaches can become heartstrings to God's hope, comfort, encouragement, joy, peace and love...

Welcome! As a fan of the cartoon character Maxine, I enjoy her witty remarks. But when I
read my blogs & other writing to her, she's not very responsive- even when I'm wearing my bunny slippers like hers! She just doesn't get it!
Although she's funnier than I am, I do pray that this site will bring encouragement to your day! I'd love to hear from you! Unlike Maxine, you can leave me a message via the Comments. Shalom, Connie

......................................................................................

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Remember the Pillsbury DoughBoy who giggled when his tummy was poked?
Can you imagine a sermon based on him?

The youth pastor walked up to the pulpit carrying that chubby, white dough boy wearing his chef's cap. "We need to be like the DoughBoy," he began as everyone chuckled.
It was Pastor Dean's first sermon. Once the giggles died down, I was impressed as God's truths were presented.

1. When the heat is on, Christian's must rise to the top! For we have God with us.
2. We need to get FATTER. Yep, fatter! (Being chubby myself, I was all ears.)

F aithful, steadfast
A vailable, willing to do whatever, where ever God asks
T eachable, willing to learn and to be corrected
T hankful, consistently appreciating all that God has given us
E nthusiastic, willing to share Christ through our lives
R ooted, always in God's Word

I heard that sermon 9 years ago & still think about it every time I see the Pillsbury DoughBoy.

Selah-

Shalom, Connie

Wednesday prayer focus is workers.

No comments: