... Even the worst heartaches can become heartstrings to God's hope, comfort, encouragement, joy, peace and love...

Welcome! As a fan of the cartoon character Maxine, I enjoy her witty remarks. But when I
read my blogs & other writing to her, she's not very responsive- even when I'm wearing my bunny slippers like hers! She just doesn't get it!
Although she's funnier than I am, I do pray that this site will bring encouragement to your day! I'd love to hear from you! Unlike Maxine, you can leave me a message via the Comments. Shalom, Connie

......................................................................................

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Sundays and ME

Sundays I pray for chruch services and programs, and for myself.

When I was a young girl, I promised myself that I would never ask God for anything on Sundays." 'Cause churches are full of people asking for stuff." So I determined to just say thanks for things. Now I don't know how long I kept my promise, but I am guessing that it wasn't for long.

Over the years, I've come to know that millions of people praying at the same time is no problem for God. Our universe, in comparison to Him, is pretty tiny.

On this Sunday, I have two questions:
How do I pray for me? How do you pray for yourself?
Does prayer even matter?

In Mark 12:30-31 Jesus tells us how to pray-
To love God with all my heart- positive attitudes
To love God with all my soul- closer communion with God
To love God with all my mind- right thoughts
To love God with all my strength- using my body for His glory
And to love my neighbor as myself- treating poeple as Jesus would or as if they were Him

I need to work on those things everyday that's why I begin my week asking God to help me do each one. Sometimes, it's best to take just one at a time. This week let's work on our heart attitudes, okay?

Question #2- Why pray at all?

God chose to limit Himself by making man His link to activity on earth. What an incredible invitation to be His ambassadors. Even when it is His plan or His desire, God needs us to ask- that's why prayer is necessary. Yes, He knows our every thought, but He has placed us in authority over all the earth. He works through us- imperfect people.

Selah-

Shalom, Connie

P.S. I am looking forward to reading Phillip Yancey's new book on prayer; I am sure he has new insights on "Why pray at all?"

No comments: