... Even the worst heartaches can become heartstrings to God's hope, comfort, encouragement, joy, peace and love...

Welcome! As a fan of the cartoon character Maxine, I enjoy her witty remarks. But when I
read my blogs & other writing to her, she's not very responsive- even when I'm wearing my bunny slippers like hers! She just doesn't get it!
Although she's funnier than I am, I do pray that this site will bring encouragement to your day! I'd love to hear from you! Unlike Maxine, you can leave me a message via the Comments. Shalom, Connie

......................................................................................

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Trees and Wisdom

This afternoon, I played outdoors with my grandson. We rolled in the grass and giggled. We "played" soccor. We got the soccor ball caught up in a tree. Then we rested. We drank water and ate carrots. And we talked about the trees.
"I know a song about trees. It says "I'm becoming what the Lord of Trees wants me to be, a strong young tree.' Who do you thnik is the Lord of Trees?" I asked.
With the wisdom of a four-year-old, he answered by shrugging his shoulders. Still crunching on the carrots, he watched the wind blow the branches of the tree where the ball had been stuck.I waited and had another carrot, too.
"I guess it must be God... He made 'em," he finally replied.
Later we sang the song by Ken Medema, "The Tree Song;" and talked about little boys growing strong and being like God intended.

Wouldn't it be great if life was that simple!

James 1:5 tells us "If any of you lack wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him." (NIV)

Without finding fault? Is that like, no question is a dumb question? Or regardless of your reason for asking, He'll answer? Maybe a bit of both; but I'm glad that we may ask. I know I need all the help I can get in the wisdom department. How about you?

Selah-

Shalom, Connie


Wednesday pray for workers.

No comments: