... Even the worst heartaches can become heartstrings to God's hope, comfort, encouragement, joy, peace and love...

Welcome! As a fan of the cartoon character Maxine, I enjoy her witty remarks. But when I
read my blogs & other writing to her, she's not very responsive- even when I'm wearing my bunny slippers like hers! She just doesn't get it!
Although she's funnier than I am, I do pray that this site will bring encouragement to your day! I'd love to hear from you! Unlike Maxine, you can leave me a message via the Comments. Shalom, Connie

......................................................................................

Sunday, March 05, 2017

Shattered


Last week I dropped a brand new bowl while unpacking it. Before looking, I heard it shatter into many pieces. I felt sad for a moment, but four others remained intact.

More important is the possibility that I have shattered two friendships- one fairly new, the other nearly ten years in the making.

I know what I did... what I said. Would it have been preferable to be dishonest? 

Someone said:

The question for me is what to do now. Do I try to put those pieces back together again? 

Or maybe our season is over.

I am blessed with two-lifetime friends. One for 50 years and the other over 60 years. Both of them have been there for me through the bad times as well as the good. We always are able to pick up where we left off. Miles never separate us. I appreciate both of you!

As I think it over, I may need to consider that my life is coming to a close. It could be best to focus on those who encourage and support me rather than drain my limited energy. But it is hard to be self-focused, as I have been a "fixer" and an encourager most of my life.  

However, like Fagin sang, ♪ I'm Reviewing the Situation.♪



Fagin in the musical "Oliver"

Selah - thinking on this
Connie



“The emotion that can break your heart is sometimes the very one that heals it...” 

No comments: