... Even the worst heartaches can become heartstrings to God's hope, comfort, encouragement, joy, peace and love...

Welcome! As a fan of the cartoon character Maxine, I enjoy her witty remarks. But when I
read my blogs & other writing to her, she's not very responsive- even when I'm wearing my bunny slippers like hers! She just doesn't get it!
Although she's funnier than I am, I do pray that this site will bring encouragement to your day! I'd love to hear from you! Unlike Maxine, you can leave me a message via the Comments. Shalom, Connie

......................................................................................

Monday, April 25, 2022

Guest Post from Joe

A WHIFF OF SPRING



The up and down, back and forth, twisty and turny weather of March had carried over into the first few weeks of April this year. We had clouds and sunshine, rain and snow, below freezing frost in the morning and t-shirt-wearing 70-degree sunshine in the afternoon. Even the heater and AC unit were taking turns in my house. But at last, we seemed to get enough sunshine and warmth for Spring to “really” arrive here. Apple and Cherry blossoms appeared on the trees. The grass started to green and grow again. And the flowers finally started to shoot up through the dirt and bless us with their beauty and wonderful scents.

Just this morning I took a nice, slow stroll in the sunshine through my neighborhood. In it I saw yellow daffodils, purple phlox, crocus, hyacinth, and multi-colored tulips all blooming at once. I also saw hillsides covered in thousands upon thousands of dandelions with their little, yellow faces smiling in the sun. I could even smell the “Spring” in the air. After a long winter of smelling only smoke from wood stoves, it was a pure joy smelling all of these flowers again. I even got down on my knees and bent down close to enjoy the smell of each one. I was amazed too at how God gave each species of flower its own unique scent.

I walked back home with a smile on my face and peace in my heart. This whiff of Spring had lightened my spirits, brightened my day, cleared my mind, warmed my heart, and touched my soul. I felt the Love of God in every living thing and I thanked God for Love, for this world, and for this life.

Like a flower in the field, each one of us is unique as well. We are special. We are beautiful. We are a part of God’s creation and we each have our own unique talents and love to share. Let this world get a whiff of who you really are then. Make your life a gift to everyone.----- 

                                                                          Joe Mazzella

No comments: