... Even the worst heartaches can become heartstrings to God's hope, comfort, encouragement, joy, peace and love...

Welcome! As a fan of the cartoon character Maxine, I enjoy her witty remarks. But when I
read my blogs & other writing to her, she's not very responsive- even when I'm wearing my bunny slippers like hers! She just doesn't get it!
Although she's funnier than I am, I do pray that this site will bring encouragement to your day! I'd love to hear from you! Unlike Maxine, you can leave me a message via the Comments. Shalom, Connie

......................................................................................

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Hoar Frost

Dew turned to frost... turning white like old age. That's how the dictionary defines hoar frost. Outside everything is white with this thick frost- no snow, just heavy white & frosty. The trees are so interesting because the texture of the frost is more hairy than feathery. It is not ice, but the limbs hang low with the extra weight The roads are slippery in the morning until traffic- at least on the main roads- melts the heavy frost. Once every one's in for the evening it is slippery once again.

Being retired I don't have to go out most days until the roads are clear. Instead I watch nature's unique beauty & am thankful that it isn't snow. But if you're into skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, even just snowman making just drive a few miles up the mountain & you'll find all the snow you want..

I love the mountains! They remind me of God the Creator. The regal bearing of the mountain range shows His majesty. The consistency demonstrates that God never changes. The contrasts of rock, waterfalls, springtime wildflowers, winter snow, and evergreen are masterpieces by the God of perfection.

He spreads the snow like wool and scatters the frost like ashes...He sends His word and melts them; He stirs up the breezes, and the waters flow. (Psalm 147:16, 18 NIV)

Selah-

Shalom, Connie

No comments: