... Even the worst heartaches can become heartstrings to God's hope, comfort, encouragement, joy, peace and love...

Welcome! As a fan of the cartoon character Maxine, I enjoy her witty remarks. But when I
read my blogs & other writing to her, she's not very responsive- even when I'm wearing my bunny slippers like hers! She just doesn't get it!
Although she's funnier than I am, I do pray that this site will bring encouragement to your day! I'd love to hear from you! Unlike Maxine, you can leave me a message via the Comments. Shalom, Connie

......................................................................................

Friday, January 19, 2007

It's Not Fair

"It's not fair," whined my grandson. "I want to stay."

He's right, you know, life is not fair. But you don't complain about it, do you?

Well, I must confess that I whine to the Lord as badly as my four-year-old grandson does to me. Both of us appreciate the many blessings we have; yet we want more and want it quicker.

I call the generation after mine, the micro generation. They want everything instantly. My generation wants more of everything, but we're a bit more patient. Then I read God is like a crock pot- slow and easy bringing out the best in each of us.

When all is said and done, it isn't things that matter. It is being all that we were meant to be.
Hearing, "Well done!"

My grandson doesn't get his way when he whines. Neither do I, but God is very patient as He brings the best in me.

Selah-

Shalom, Connie

No comments: