... Even the worst heartaches can become heartstrings to God's hope, comfort, encouragement, joy, peace and love...

Welcome! As a fan of the cartoon character Maxine, I enjoy her witty remarks. But when I
read my blogs & other writing to her, she's not very responsive- even when I'm wearing my bunny slippers like hers! She just doesn't get it!
Although she's funnier than I am, I do pray that this site will bring encouragement to your day! I'd love to hear from you! Unlike Maxine, you can leave me a message via the Comments. Shalom, Connie

......................................................................................

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Scrabble

I treated myself to a computer version of Scrabble. It is relaxing, yet stimulates my little grey cells. Plus for a writer, it is a good way to learn new words while having fun.
But tonight my computer beat me 3 times in a row. Put another way, I lost 3 times in a row. (You'll note that "it" was not upset when I won 7 games in a row.)

Then I had an animated discusion when the "referee," who threw out 3 of my words that are found in my Scrabble Word-Building Book... 1991 edition. I mean words can't just come and go, can they?

OUCH!!! How often do we say what we mean or mean what we say?

"Reckless words pierce like a sword, the tongue of the wise brings healing." (Prv 12:18 NIV)

"Everyone lies to his neighbor; their flattering lips speak with deception... (but) the words of the Lord are flawless..." (Ps 12:2, 6 NIV)

Reminds me of a children's song called "Input, Output." What we put into our minds, comes out our mouths. And another pre-schooler's song, "Oh, Be Careful" little eyes what seen, ears what's heard, etc.

I'm glad that I am playing a good game, but good is dependent upon my mind. As 2007 gets under way I think I... maybe you, too? need to be careful what is on our heart and mind. I want it to be pleasing, encouraging, affirming, and honest.

Let's watch what we input so that we are better prepared with output that heals, that is trusted, and that is spoken in love.

Selah-

Shalom, Connie

No comments: