... Even the worst heartaches can become heartstrings to God's hope, comfort, encouragement, joy, peace and love...

Welcome! As a fan of the cartoon character Maxine, I enjoy her witty remarks. But when I
read my blogs & other writing to her, she's not very responsive- even when I'm wearing my bunny slippers like hers! She just doesn't get it!
Although she's funnier than I am, I do pray that this site will bring encouragement to your day! I'd love to hear from you! Unlike Maxine, you can leave me a message via the Comments. Shalom, Connie

......................................................................................

Thursday, August 01, 2019

Rust and More Rust

 
Plus:
  • History of hypertension - w/ diastolic dysfunction 
  • Gout with urate nephropathy - improved on Uloric 
  • RLS 
  • OSA on CPAP 
  • arthritis multiple sites
  • Depression     
  • History of diabetes mellitus - 20+ yrs 
  • osteopenia ~s/p bilateral TKR for OA ~s/p shoulder repair (left) 
  • hypoventilation syndrome, ~mild restrictive lung disease (based on low FVC), reduced DLCO 
  • PTCA Sept. 2015- dual antiplatelet regimen for 1 yr, complicated by aspiration pneumonia 
  • HFpEF ~bilateral pulmonary embolisms - 10/2017 
  • severe c spine DISH - s/p fusion C3-6, now severe disc space narrowing C2-3, C6-7 1/18 c spine MRI- 
  • mental status change related to narcotics per Dr. P
  • SIRS due to cellulitis 11/2018  ~persistent erysipelas 2019 - BMC ID- on Keflex 500 mg bid on-going

These are how my doctor sees me. I am showing you what I deal with daily, and my medication list is even longer.
  • These diagnoses are my rust ... rust that has been accumulating for years. Although I am a retired nurse, the interactions of my rust and my medications are complex. Therefore, I have a nurse case manager to assist me, including advocating for me, as needed; and in-home caregivers four hours each day. 
  • Sorry, Maxine is having a crotchety moment ... as usual. 
  • Until next time, when I continue on the subject of rust. Take care.
  •                  Connie


No comments: