... Even the worst heartaches can become heartstrings to God's hope, comfort, encouragement, joy, peace and love...

Welcome! As a fan of the cartoon character Maxine, I enjoy her witty remarks. But when I
read my blogs & other writing to her, she's not very responsive- even when I'm wearing my bunny slippers like hers! She just doesn't get it!
Although she's funnier than I am, I do pray that this site will bring encouragement to your day! I'd love to hear from you! Unlike Maxine, you can leave me a message via the Comments. Shalom, Connie

......................................................................................

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Giving Thanks in ALL Things

Wish I had written the following truth:

"The stresses, and pressures of life add up; all that negative energy has
to go somewhere. Sometimes it gets into our hearts and heads and we end up
with what I call a ratitude. A ratitude is my emotional and
spiritual state when I feel used, abused, unappreciated, misunderstood,
and put upon.

I scurry around trying to find things to make my life
better and to try to make me feel better.
Other times, I try to hide out from all my problems, trying to avoid
those who would treat me harshly. All my efforts only make me feel
worse. I'm bummed out. I've got a ratitude.
I can pray. I can continue to bring my supplications
before God. I can do it with thanksgiving to God. You see, when I bring
God into my ratitude by offering thanks to him, He transforms it. He
transforms me.
Let me share a little secret with you. The next time you have a
ratitude, bring God into it. In fact, just take the Big G at the
beginning of God, and add it to the front of your ratitude. What do
you have then? That's right folks, you have a GRATITUDE.
I know, it sounds corny. You may even think it's trite. The truth,
however, is that learning to be grateful -- to give thanks for our
solid blessings in Jesus and the overflow of God's gifts given to us
everyday -- is not trite or corny, it's transformational.
And that's how we are supposed to live each day, in gratitude to God."

(c) 2006 Cary Branscum at www dot heartlight dot com

Selah-

Shalom, Connie

P.S. I will be off-line celebrating Gratitude with my family Thursday & Friday.

No comments: