... Even the worst heartaches can become heartstrings to God's hope, comfort, encouragement, joy, peace and love...

Welcome! As a fan of the cartoon character Maxine, I enjoy her witty remarks. But when I
read my blogs & other writing to her, she's not very responsive- even when I'm wearing my bunny slippers like hers! She just doesn't get it!
Although she's funnier than I am, I do pray that this site will bring encouragement to your day! I'd love to hear from you! Unlike Maxine, you can leave me a message via the Comments. Shalom, Connie

......................................................................................

Friday, November 10, 2006

Mouth Management

Sermon Notes, 1998

Sitting on the podium were 2 jars of pickles: dill pickles and sweet pickles.
(Maybe the sermon title should have been changed to "Acidic or Sweet Mouth.")


Mouth Management Requires 5 Things:

1. God- without Him, mouth management is impossible because there is no eraser for words spoken.

2. Spiritual maturity- soaking in the right environment is needed. (Ahah, the pickle jars!)
Dill pickles = the world's environment of self & whatever feels good.
Sweet pickles = a spiritual environment based on prayer, devotions, Bible study, worship, and Christian fellowship.

3. Thinking before you speak. (And I would add listening before thinking.)

4. Avoiding tooth decay using the treatment of truth telling.

5. Love- seasons all truth. Rather than vinegar and dill try some sugar.

Then the pastor placed another, larger jar on the podium and said, "Better yet, soak in this jar."
The label said GOD'S LOVE.

Selah-

Shalom, Connie

No comments: